- Establishing a physical business presence within Mainland China, including setting up a physical office presence
- Scout for suppliers who can manufacture high quality product with fast lead times for new product categories, pitching and onboarding them quickly. This should be done with clear criteria around the initial test period and ensuring their ability to scale, if the test period is successful
- Drive excellence in partner operations for existing supplier relationships within current categories, while expanding the supply base and improving product costs, quality, and commercial terms. This leader should bring a structured, data-driven approach to assessing the supply chain economics of new categories and the fit with model on Quality, Speed, Cost and Ethics
- Recruiting and managing the team of Sourcing professionals needed to achieve the scouting and partner excellence objectives above
The person in this role will be an innovator at heart leveraging the attributes below to build and run our offense:
- Strong Recruiter of Talent and Team Builder
- Strong and Structured Problem Solver
- Data driven decision maker
- Deep understanding of supply chain economics
- Able to leverage technology to build and scale the offense
- Quick and independent learner
- Strong Communicator
- 10+ years of Strategic Sourcing or Procurement experience; preferably in early-stage, entrepreneurial companies with diverse business models from DTC to Tech. Category agnostic but experience in rapid scale categories, a must.
- Experience building a team of 10+ high performers within a fast-paced professional environment
- Strong factory-direct network and relationships across consumer categories in China.
- Product obsessed with experience in leveraging factories/vendor expertise to design, cost engineer, and bring products to market.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and analytical with focus on execution, problem-solving, improving processes and brand enhancement.
- Continuous learner and highly curious; always open to considering new perspectives; proactive when changing course and facing added challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated by domestic and international travel to solve business needs
- Fluent communication in written and spoken English, a must
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
*** Pls send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 2520 0845 for more information.
Enquiry: (852) 2520 0845
To apply for this job, please send your CV to email@example.com