As the PD / Designer, you will report to Head of Merchandise in Hong Kong. You will be the primary contact with the Buyers teams and suppliers. Designs include drawing, design details, modify, specifications, bills of quantity and design calculations for soft home projects.
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities:
- Familiar with Home Textile products e.g. bed linen / cushions / towels, etc.
- Identify seasonal market trends, client needs and research competitive market
- Plan and design ranges for home textile products;
- Understand Australian markets is an advantage;
- Work closely with buyers in Melbourne and suppliers in Hong Kong, China, India and Bangladesh to ensure the product suits the customer, market and price points;
- Liaise closely with suppliers or factories to work on sourcing and design development.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least 5 year Home Textile Design experience is essential – preferably in Australian market
- Relevant Design diploma / degree with strong 3D and graphic design knowledge
- Creativity and imagination
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to promote and explain ideas clearly and persuasively, and built relationships with buyers
- Excellent in English & Chinese, Mandarin a must
- Good negotiation skills when selling their own designs
- Project-management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and work in a team with other professionals
- Strong organisational skills and creative problem-solving skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- A confident and proactive work ethic
- Able to prioritise workloads
To be successful for this role you will need to have high attention to detail and a passion for excellence. Your stakeholder management will be the key to your success in this role.
Relevant Design Diploma / Degree
To apply for this job, please send your CV to email@example.com